At the end of all the physical activities, in most cases the ISSB Command Task is performed. This is the best time to assess the physical power, stamina and mental acceptance of the candidates. In ISSB Command Task, the GTO takes the group to the ground and picks one candidate out of 9 and interviews him for 2-4 minutes. He gives explanations regarding the task, after which all he has to do is to call his group and complete the task. Basically, one candidate out of nine is made the commander and the others follow his instructions.
Out of these nine candidates, only 6 participants will participate in ISSB Command Task while the other 3 will act as observers. The observers will have no right to criticize or say anything about the whole group. Likewise, the commander cannot listen to advice from those three observers.
There is a 2 minute time limit for ISSB Command Task, but it depends on the GTO. If he wishes, he can conclude the task within those 2 minutes. Within these 2 minutes you have to use what you have already learned to overcome the hurdles.
Calling your Group
One thing that is most noticeable is when the GTO tells you that you have to call others in the group. He refuses to tell you how to do so so it is all up to you. You cannot call them by saying
"hey there!"“Oye, Hello, Aye, Friends, Suno, etc”.
You have to call them with the words,“
Group mates”, “Squad”, “Chest Fellows” etc.
Since you will be standing far away from them, you have to be loud and visible. Let them hear you clearly and loudly so that you seem like a commanding officer.
Tips for ISSB Command Task
- The GTO's instructions are very important.
- Develop a strategy for how you and your group are going to complete the ISSB Command Task.
- Call your group with a suitable word.
- Call them loudly and clearly.
- Your main focus should be on your team during the task.
- No matter what the order is or whether you like it or not, everyone must follow it.
- The GTO may ask the observers to suggest something to their team, but they must remain silent and refrain from making any remarks, positive or negative.
- The team working on ISSB Command Task should not take help of the observers or GTO if they offer their help.